Basics of Homeowners Insurance in Weston, MA
Homeowners in Massachusetts have invested a lot in their houses, and those investments should be protected. There are many considerations when it comes to keeping your home safe, including safeguarding it from unimaginable occurrences. Homeowners insurance in Weston, MA is designed to provide damage and liability coverage for you and your home so that you can have peace of mind that you’re protected.
Whether you own or are about to buy a home, homeowners insurance is a necessary purchase to protect your investment. A home policy covers you, your family, your property, and belongings against natural disasters, theft, vandalism, injury, and more. If your home is damaged, or worse, destroyed, your homeowners policy helps to replace what was lost or damaged.
Homeowners Insurance Coverage
Standard homeowners insurance policies provide the following coverage:
- Dwelling: Protects your home and structures on your property, such as a garage, from damage and disaster.
- Other Structures: This refers to freestanding structures that are connected to the dwelling by a fence or utility line, such as a swimming pool, deck, or shed.
- Personal Property: Details the insurance coverage for the contents of your home. Generally, your furniture, clothing, electronics, and personal possessions are covered under your policy. Keep in mind that items of high value may need additional protection if their worth exceeds your policy’s coverage.
- Personal Liability: This portion of your policy covers you and your family from legal liability for negligence if someone is injured or someone else’s property is damaged. It offers protection from incidents that occur on your insured property as well as specific coverage away from the insured property.
- Loss of Use: If your home is uninhabitable because of a covered peril, your home policy provides “additional living expenses”. This means that you get help paying for hotel bills, restaurant meals, and more while you are living away from home.
In addition to these, there are many more coverages that homeowners may be able to choose from. Vacant property coverage, drain and sewer backup, and valuable item coverage are just some of the optional protections that policies offer.
When you are looking for the right homeowners insurance in Weston, MA, the team at CAV Insurance Agency can help. Our experts are well-versed in finding quality coverage for homeowners in Massachusetts. We look forward to hearing from you.