7 Steps to Help You Prepare for Hurricane Season
Hurricane Season Preparedness
Hurricane season is upon us and these tropical cyclones destroy everything their path. New England is no stranger these threatening storms, and it’s important to be prepared for the unpredictable damage that may end up impacting your community.
Hurricanes result in powerful winds, heavy rainfall as well as coastal and inland flooding. These can be troublesome towards the well-being of your family and your home. To combat this, we are going to give you some safety tips, from packing a bag to reviewing your insurance in Wellesley, MA, to help prepare you for these unpredictable superstorms.
- Make sure you are up to date on the storm’s progress. Keep a radio on hand to be notified if things are taking a turn for the worse or the better
- Check the batteries of the emergency equipment in your home. Having items such as flashlights, radios, and generators are essential assets to have during this dangerous situation
- Learn the location of local shelters, or safe routes inland if you live near the coast
- Stock up on canned food, water, medications, and first aid supplies beforehand
- Bring loose lightweight objects such as garden tools, garbage cans, and lawn furniture inside
- If necessary, cover windows and door openings with shutters or another shielding
- Review your insurance coverage to ensure you have optimum limits
Being prepared is essential for hurricane safety, and these tips can help keep your family, and your property unharmed. At CAV insurance we provide flood insurance to combat these unpredictable forces of nature. We help protect your home’s specific needs with a policy that will be there when you need it most. Give us a call today to learn more!