2019 Workplace Safety Index: The Top 10 Causes of Disabling Injuries at Work
Protect Your Business and Employees with Risk Management
U.S. companies lose more than $1 billion per week due to workplace injuries. Unfortunately, all too often, workplace risks and hazards get overlooked by businesses of all sizes. Little do they know, all it takes is one sizeable workplace injury to affect finances and threaten income. To help you protect your employees and business, keep in mind these top causes of disabling injuries at work. Once you know the common threats, you can start to work towards cultivating a safe working environment.
- Overexertion involving outside sources – injuries related to lifting, pushing, pulling, holding, carrying or throwing.
- Falls – falls on the same level, such as slipping on a wet floor or tripping over a cable.
- Struck by an object or equipment – such as getting hurt from an object falling from above.
- Falls to lower levels – Falls to a lower level, such as from a ladder or platform.
- Other exertions or bodily reactions – injuries from crawling, bending, reaching, kneeling or walking
- Roadway incidents involving motorized land vehicle – such as an accident while driving on a highway.
- Slip or trip without fall – injuries resulting from tripping over an object or resisting a fall.
- Caught in or compressed by equipment or objects – getting caught or compressed by equipment, such as gears or rollers.
- Repetitive motions involving microtasks – such as repeating motions or micro-tasks on a manufacturing assembly line.
- Struck against object or equipment – such as walking into an open drawer or door.
If the worst does happen, be sure that you have a commercial insurance policy that you can fall back on. At CAV Insurance Agency, we work with each business to determine their individual needs and budget. Serving Wellesley, Arlington, Natick, Concord, Cambridge, and neighboring towns, contact us today on 781-237-4107 to get started.